Over the past few weeks we have been realizing that a lot of the visitors to our website are actually interested in a manual press which can handle pomegranates. A manual press that goes focuses and specializes in pomegranate fruit is quite difficult to find, however we were able to do our research and testing and we basically narrowed down our findings down to three pomegranate juicer machine that we feel does the job in really getting the best out of pomegranates. The three pomegranate juicers we tested were the upcoming Titan Citrus and Pomegranate Juicer, Cilio C203349 “The Press” Juicer for Pomegranates, and The Pomegranate Juice Press.
These three pomegranate press machines were some of the best pieces of machine work we came across on the market and we decided to review each one of these to its full capacity. We understand how difficult it is to go out and purchase a reliable press especially when it is quite a hefty investment and must be done carefully so you get the best for your money. We hope that this little review can help you out in making your next purchase decision!
What are the benefits of Pomegranate juice
Before we dive into the actual machines that will squeezing fresh pomegranates for you, it is important to really look into what are the health benefits of pomegranate juicer. Without knowing the benefits of why you juice pomegranates and drink the juice it really is pointless for you to waste your time in investing in something that will change your health for the better!
First and foremost pomegranates are known to be one of the most healthiest fruits on earth since ancient times. Not only do they contain a variety of plant compounds not found in other fruits, the have several benefits that lower the risk of a variety of diseases.
Pomegranate juice has a variety of health benefits and our purpose isn’t to bore you since you are probably more interested in checking out a machine to juice these little guys but here are some things to think about.
- Pomegranates contain Punicalagin and Punicic Acid which are important chemicals for antioxidants and fatty acids which are important for well rounded health benefits.
- Pomegranate juice has high anti inflammatory effects, considering chronic inflammation is among the leading causes of several deadly diseases. Pomegranate juice is able to reduce the effects of inflammation.
- Helps fight prostate cancer in men.
- Useful against fighting breast cancer, pomegranate extract is able to inhibit the reproduction of breast cancer cells.
- Naturally lowers blood pressure. We all know that blood pressure medication is extremely harmful to any ones health. Pomegranates can naturally reduce blood pressure and hypertension which are the nations leading causes in heart attacks and strokes.
- Useful in fighting arthritis and joint pain due to the anti inflammatory effects pomegranate juice has.
- Lowers risk of heart disease because of the punicic acid which is the main fatty acid found in pomegranates.
- Helps fight bacterial and fungal infections, pomegranate juice has proven to fight bacteria such as Candida albicans and also fights infections and inflammation in the mouth.
Now that you know what are the benefits of pomegranate juice it only makes sense to invest in a good pomegranate juicer which will in the long run save you tons of cash on runs to the store for pomegranate juice, and also produce you fresh organic pomegranate juice on the go!
The titan citrus and pomegranate juicer is heavy duty commercial grade juicer meant to get the job done. If we look at the aesthetics of the machine you can already tell that this machine is tough and rugged ready to handle any size pomegranate. Constructed of solid zinc alloy and with a wide heavy duty base which has suction cups on the bottom, the machine provides a sturdy and stable arena for juicing pomegranates. The ease of use is another important aspect about this pomegranate juicer. The elver has a simple pull down mechanism with a powerful PSI which allows for the juice to be squeezed out to the last drop out of the pomegranate. Keep in mind this machine is not only for pomegranates, it also squeezes oranges, grapefruits, limes, and lemons. When we tried the titan citrus and pomegranate juice press out we were able to juice 8 pounds of pomegranate within 30 minutes with a full ease of use. It did not tire our arms out and we produced several glasses of organic fresh pomegranate juice for the entire family.
- Heavy duty build made for proper juicing of pomegranate fruits in order to produce the best results, in minimal time. The titan pomegranate press is able to handle juicing tasks that many other machines are unable to do.
- Stainless steel build with a rubberized handle, the rubberized handle gives us a good grip when we are juicing tough fruit like pomegranates, this can also come into handy when it comes to juicing other kinds of fruits. You can potentially use this press for other jobs like orange juicing or lemon squeezing.
- When it comes to juicing with speed the Titan press gets the job done quite fast, in under ten minutes it is quite possible to juice up to ten pounds of pomegranates without any issues or problems. Following a juicing session it is also very easy to clean the mechanism up without any issues or problems.
- Has a very sturdy base and can withstand alot of pressure during the juicing period without having much issues. Many other manual juicers without a sturdy base may cause alot of issues. One of the many issues you may run into is that those machines may destabilize during the juicing period.
- Heavy duty and strong construction for long lasting use, slim at the same time which allows for easy storage.
- A stainless steel shaft and rubberized handle which allows for extra leverage when squeezing fruits that are hard to press.
- Stainless steel shaft and white powder coated funnel for simple and quick cleaning.
- Easy to dis-assemble for dish washer safe parts.
- Large and wide base for extra stability during juicing, which keeps the juicer from moving during juicing.
- Additional Details
- None at the moment
- Read Buyer Reviews
Cilio hails all the way from its headquarters in Germany known for steel construction, the city in Germany is called Solingen and is known for producing and releasing highly fine and refined steel products. This could be part of the reason the aesthetics of this juicer are completely on point. If you were to look at at the design and look of this pomegranate juicer that would be enough for making you want to buy it. However lets see if it juices as well as it looks. First and foremost the juicer is a restaurant quality commercial grade pomegranate juicer. The handle is extra long which allows for extra leverage which maximizes the juice extraction and additional to that the base of the juicer has rubber feet which provide up-most stability. If you cannot tell already from the picture the juicer is constructed of durable cast aluminum, while the extractor and funnel are constructed of stainless steel. For cleaning all the parts that are removable are completely dish washer safe.
When we juiced pomegranates we noticed that the power of the machine was really high. In comparison to the Titan above there was a noticeable increase in power when it comes to extracting the juice. Also the fact that the pomegranate press is constructed in such a fine manner we would have to say that this not only juiced better than the Titan but it looks alot better in our kitchen. It definitely is a piece of art. Not to say the Titan pomegranate juicer wasn’t good, it definitely was however this juicer is a bit more expensive which explains the added performance and aesthetic look.
- The juicer is constructed out of high quality stainless steel which not only looks great in the kitchen but also gives the end user a restaurant quality pomegranate juicer which will be able to handle most if not all juicing needs. The cilio model is also great at juicing large citrus fruits like oranges and pomegranates.
- The funnel and extractor are made of stainless steel which also makes it extra easy for the juicing to take place.
- Commercial grade restaurant quality press which effectively and efficiently juices pomegranates, oranges, and grapefruits.
- Strong rubberized base for added stability while juicing.
- An extra long handle for additional leverage while juicing.
- Fine cast aluminum and stainless steel construction from Germany.
- Great aesthetics and look for added decoration for anybody’s kitchen!
- Additional details
- A bit on the expensive side, but well worth the investment for avid juicers.
- Check Pricing and Availability
The pomegranate juice press is by far one of the most popular pomegranate juice press machines on amazon marketplace. Of course we always save the best for the last! In terms of pricing and construction we were blown away by this machine. It brings affordability, looks and performance into one combination. The pomegranate press is a commercial grade press which is specifically designed for at home use as well as for specializing in pomegranates. Constructed from acid resistant bake enamel coating and solid cast steel the machine is able to last and resist a lot of juicing. The handle is fully extended and comes with a three pinion lever action design. The 3 pinion design makes it more easier on the user to juice in comparison to the titan or the cilio which lack this feature from the design. Like the other two juicers it also has rubber feet for extra and added stability which allow for the machine to not move at all during juicing. In terms of size your looking at quite a masterpiece, it is 20 inches tall and 16 pounds in weight.
- Made from stainless steel that is acid resistant which will provide you without any worries for long term sustained use. When looking to purchase a pomegranate machine it is important to see if the acid resistance function is available. Alot of the times machines without acid resistance tend to fade away and start to look old after a few months of use.
- The foot is extra long on the base in order to provide the upmost support during juicing, this provides tons of stability without anyone having any issues of the manual pomegranate press tipping over. If you do not have good stability it is very difficult to juice pomegranate fruit.
- Includes a unique 3 pin design which gets the most juice out of your fruit without any hassle or problems. A three pin design allows for the pressure during juicing to be equally distributed thus leading to more effective and powerful juicing.
- Solid cast steel and acid resistant design for long use.
- 3 pinion design for extra ease of juicing.
- Comfortable rubber handle and optimum stop position on the lever for maximum and effective juicing.
- Yields the most juice out of the three machines when it comes to squeezing pomegranates.
- Works well with all citrus fruits
- Additional Product Details
- No cons, great combination of price, construction, and performance.
- Read Buyer Reviews
Out of all the three juicers we reviewed we would have to say the pomegranate juice press functions and preforms the best when it comes to juicing pomegranates. However the Titan is a great option if you are on a budget, and the Cilio is great if you want authentic german steel added to your kitchen collection.
- The pomegranate juice machine by unique imports has made a big impact on the amazon marketplace as being one of the more affordable brands of pomegranate juicers. We usually don’t rate juicers based on price only however this seems to fit into our top list by meeting the price requirement.
- Very sturdy and stable design which in turn allows for efficient and quick juicing. You want to juice this pomegranate properly then having a sturdy base and handle is what will make your life much easier.
- If you order it of amazon it will come fully assembled which leaves all the guess work and hassle out for you, this is very important as some people generally do not like to assemble the machines on their own. No pun attended but that is totally understandable.
- Affordable and fully built and assembled when shipped
- light and compact so can be places anywhere in your kitchen when you need to juice.
- Powerful for a small machine on all kinds of fruits especially on pomegranates.
- More Details
- The feet on the base are a bit small and in comparison to the pomegranate juicers we reviewed above you may not get that much sturdy of a grip while juicing.
- Difficult to clean in comparison to the average manual juicer.
What is the best way to juice a pomegranate?
Once you have chosen for yourself a machine that works well for you it is important to know how to juice a pomegranate in a juicer properly. While these machines noted above make it quite easy and seamless to juice a pomegranate correctly we thought it would be a good idea to give you some pointers on getting the best bang for your buck.
Step 1- Buying fresh pomegranates
Before you get into the juicing process of pomegranates you always want to look at getting the best and ripest pomegranate juice so that when you do get to the juicing part of the process you are only drinking the freshest and sweetest juice. This is very important and overlooked step as sometimes it can happen that you get fruit that is not quite ripe, nor freshly picked and this can cause inconsistencies in your juicing process as well as the nutrients. The best time to buy pomegranates would be around fall till January time of the year. During this time pomegranate trees are blooming with masses of pomegranates and also the most optimal time of year for them to be found in your local grocery store or farmers market. Look for fruits that tend to be heavy in the hand when picked up and the skins are blemish free. If the pomegranate skin has blemishes then the fruit inside might not be in good condition for juicing nor eating so pass on the fruits where you see bruises or blemishes. When you store the pomegranates keep them in a dry cool place and allow them to sit there for up to 2 months maximum. After two months pomegranates tend to go back and you don’t want bad fruit when you place them on your pomegranate juicer for juicing fresh juice.
How to harvest pomegranates for juicing
When you purchase a pomegranate juicing machine it is important that you know how to properly harvest pomegranates. For some people they may not have a proper pomegranate machine for juicing however it is important that you first look into getting a proper pomegranate machine before learning how to harvest pomegranates.
Here we are covering how to harvest a pomegranate if you are not using a juiceer to simply extract the seeds out of the fruit. Once the seeds are removed from the fruit you can possibly juice the seeds or you can also eat them and sprinkle them over a salad.
To harvest the pomegranate simply cut the fruit vertically in half and use your hands to break these halves into quarters. Once you break the pomegranate fruit into quarters you can then take the seeds out of their crevasses. Sometimes the pomegranate seeds can give a red stain so it is important that you do do this in an area where you are not afraid of what can happen. You are going to want to make sure that you do not have anything white around or theses items can easily be stained by the pomegranate juice.
As you can see in the image in the right that the pomegranate fruit is has been cut perfectly in half. When you cut the fruit in half you can see all the seeds sticking out in masses. You can either scrape the seeds out by using your hands or a spoon and let them fall into a bowl for eating or for juicing separately. Sometimes it is actually easier to cut the pomegranate fruit again into quarters to get the most seeds extracted as possible.
How to drain the pomegranate seeds
After you cut the seeds it is up to you what you really want to do with it you can either eat them just like they are or you can get them ready for manual kinds of juicing. The easiest way to do this is to pour water and pomegranate seeds though a strainer and this will get you all the pomegranate seeds without any excesses fruit that may not be edible. On average you can get about a half cup of seeds from a single medium pomegranate.
Now if you want to juice the pomegranate you have several options. If you already have a juicer for pomegranates then you can pretty much look over these steps with a grain of salt. More than likely the juicer you purchase will be able to take care of getting the juice out for you. However if you do not have a pomegranate juicer than it might be better for you to follow these steps. All you really have to do is take the drained seeds and place them in a food processor or a blender and this will give you fresh pomegranate juice!
The history of the pomegranate fruit
We all seem to love to drink pomegranate juice and eat their fruit but do we really know the history of this amazing nutrient packed fruit? Overlooking the history of the pomegranate is something we tend to do, but it is much better to learn about the history of the pomegranate so that we can enjoy the juicing and drinking experience.
Origin of the pomegranate
The pomegranate tree is primarily found in the local areas of Iran and the Himalayas and has been a fruit of interest and cultivation during the ancient times. Pomegranate trees can also be found in the region of Asia, Africa, and Europe and in these areas the trees of similar of not exact same stature. The fruit back in ancient times is used exactly how it is today as it was used in the days long ago as recorded in ancient Egyptian mythology and spiritual scriptures. The pomegranate fruit was carried on desert caravans all the way from Iran and the Himalayas to regions of southeast Asia such as India. Through these trade routes pomegranate fruit was also found in other parts of central Asia which made it possible to be grown in those regions. Today we can find that pomegranate trees and fruit are found in many places such as Egypt, china, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, and Palestine. In these areas it is common to find large groves of pomegranate trees growing and farmers harvesting the fruit to the best of their ability and finding in it peace and security.
Now we can also see the pomegranate tree being harvested in areas such as southern california. You may wonder to yourself how is it that the pomegranate tree and fruit ended up in sunny california. Well back in 1621 the fruit became naturalized in bermuda and eventually found itself down to the west indies and Bahamas. From there it made its way all the way up to Central America, where it can be found being grown at high altitudes and cool temperatures. Finally after the central america region naturalization process it went all the way up to Mexico and from there found its way into California. This process was done primarily through naturalization rather than through trade and once can vouch for this as most of the trade routes at the time of the 1600s were to due with fur, meat and spices, rather than pomegranate juice.
Pictured above is a healthy looking pomegranate farm in southern California. As you can see the climate here is warm and sunny as pictured yet the fruits being bore are large and luscious. In all honesty the weather and temperature has a huge effect on how well the pomegranate fruit will bloom.
After the pomegranate found its way up to the California region it can be found in mass quantities in the riverside region of southern California where it can be found primarily in large 2,000 acre plots of lands.
Pomegranates and ancient times
Pomegranates since the time of the ancients has been a huge symbol of fertility. Did you know that consuming pomegranates in large quantities can increase the fertility of human beings and cause many off spring to be born. It also increases sexual drives in human beings as it is known to be an aphrodisiac. During the time of the cultivation in Egypt before the time of Moses from the time of Moses it was found in the Indus Valley in the sanskrit ages for pomegranate. The fruit is so old that the ancient sanskrit people had a name for the fruit and it was soon found in the castles of the royalty.
We can safely say that the royal people of the house would then consume the pomegranate fruit along with grapes and other fruits for there festivities. They would court their guests with these fruits in order to inspire in them love and happiness. We can definitely guess what happens when love and happiness fills the room. After the fact that it became known for fertility and happiness the pomegranate fruit also began to be found in the lush oasis areas of the Arabian peninsula. Here farmers would do their best to grow a few trees to produce enough pomegranate fruit for their entire village. They would either eat the seeds or juice the fruit the old fashioned way.
Pomegranate juice was also found in the ancient writings of the odyssey by homer and it was a huge part of Greece and Roman mythology. The romans would bring with them pomegranates from their trade routes in Libya and in the palymric regions and then they would trade it with the ancient asians. At this time the fruit was not that widespread among the Chinese during the hung and sung dynasties yet it was making its way up the ladder most definitely.
So what exactly does pomegranate mean and where does it get its weird and long name from. Well actually early settlers in the Sanskrit Indian region used to think that pomegranates were apples even though they are not apples. So they decided to name it the seeded apple, as we all know apples have a small core with a few seeds while a pomegranate is filled with edible seeds. After it got this name then it became widespread and was known amongst the world. The europeans however were one of the last civilizations to adopt the pomegranate fruit which could be part of the reason they had so many gloomy days full of hatred towards other races and nationalities. However after a few hundred years the europeans under the influence of the normans began to distribute fruits and vegetables and would start to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into their diet. You have to remember that at the time the Europeans were more of a meat based eating society and neglected the fruits. They would also eat a lot of bread which is why they were known for ugly fat bellies. Once they started to import pomegranates into ancient Europe it became an inspiration for its people.