One of our favorite orange juicer machines in our collection and also at the moment in decorating our kitchen is the Olympus x-large commercial juice press. This is made by the company Focus Foodservice and we stumbled across this pristine unit at the Vegas home and decor show back in early 2015. When we actually initially tested it out on the expo ground floor we had a sub-par experience because of the crowd on the ground floor of the expo. We had to wait in line and go through much hassle before we were able to try the unit and finally when we tried the unit others were rushing us through before we could try the commercial juice press out. Anyhow the small taste we had at the home and decor show was enough for us to order one of these bad boys of amazon and bring it in our home to test it out. Considering the Buyer Reviews were quite high on this unit we decided to go ahead and give it a shot.
Olympus Citrus Press Review: X-Large Commercial Juicer Press White
According to focus food service llc they built this commercial juicer with several markets in mind, which include commercial and non commercial users. The build of the Olympus x-large commercial juice press at an initial glance is quite sturdy and powerful your looking at a durable cast iron build with a hefty base to make sure that your juicing is done with the up most stability. The measurement of the base is 9.25 inches by 7.38 inches and in height the orange squeezer machine measures about 31 inches.
Aside from the size which we think makes perfect for a commercial orange juice squeezer machine especially if your one to have a nice metal works piece in your kitchen for decoration the internal build of the squeezer is quite unique in comparison to other machines. The 3 pinion design of the Olympus commercial juice press allows the juicer to exert maximum pressure with barely any effort from the end user. That means you don’t got to be there huffing and puffing over the machine in order to get the bits of the orange juice out of the machine. With a large opening on the base legs the stability provided during juicing with this orange citrus press makes it very seamless to produce fresh orange juice even for those users who have no experience what so ever with an orange juicer machine. This is really important to keep in mind because if you have experience with a lot of commercial or manual orange juice machines you will come to know that they are actually quite difficult to operate. So for someone who is just getting into the game of juicing oranges and making the upgrade from an automatic machine to a commercial citrus press this is definitely a great option.
Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of the olympus citrus press to see if this actually is worth your time and money!
- The olympus extra large commercial juice press is able to withstand the wear, tear, and demand of commercial juicing operations whether on a small scale or on a larger scale.
- The piece is constructed from extremely strong and highly durable cast iron which makes it a formidable piece to withstand rigorous work. It also makes for a nice decoration for any home.
- The size of the machine is quite large which allows for great stability, the base of the citrus press is 9.25 inches by 7.38 inches and it measures approximately 31 inches tall.
- Unlike many other manual commercial citrus press machines on the market this has a white enamel finish which allows the machine to completely resist pitting, corrosion, and citrus acids. This allows for longer lasting and better aesthetics over all.
- A fine sure-grip rubber handle which allows for the user to easily hold the handle, along with the 3 pinion internal design this allows for up-most pressure with the least of effort.
- The rubber suction cup which is included for a safe operation allows for extremely easy cleaning after you are done juicing.
- More Product Details
- A few pointers we noticed is that the actual lever arm at times does wobble from side to side when pressing down during the juicing operation. However this is a minimal factor and only happens if you don’t really take care of your citrus press.
- When it comes to very large oranges, they tend to poke out from under the press during squeezing.
When we take a look at this citrus press and other commercial citrus presses on the market we would have to say this makes an excellent juicer that produces fresh juice a lot easier than other machines. For those of you who are avid juicers and are looking to use a machine on the daily this is definitely something we recommend for you guys to look into. The big lever drives the top piston onto the fruit in one smooth motion which allows for a seamless juicing process which u actually might not find in other juicers. On average to fill an entire cup of orange juice with little effort it takes 3 minutes or less to get a full cup of fresh sweet juice. This will definitely take your need out from making frequent visits to jamba juice and will save you a hefty amount of money in the long run!