One of the recent citrus juicers we reviewed was the braun citromatic juicerwhich despite the mixed reviews we can say we were somewhat pleased with our experience of the machine. Here are a few pointers to look into before considering this citrus juicer, to see if it is worth your hard earned money!
Unlike most of the orange juicer machines we review this is not a fully manual machine nor is it a piece of art work in comparison to some of the builds of the higher priced manual squeezers. However this might be a good solution for someone who does not have much time on their hands and isn’t really into “juicing.” When we say this the braun citromatic citrus juicer is just a basic citrus juicer. It is powerful but not something you would consider getting if you were into powerful machine or metal work collection like many people are who are into this game. Nonetheless the citrus juicer gets the work done as specified.
The juicer itself is run by a powerful 60 watt motor which allows for a powerful juicing experience which can give an unlimited amount of juice directly into the container through the built in spout. What is neat about this machine is the fact that you can actually interrupt the juice flow from the spout when you need to do so. This makes the juicer really easy to use and allows you to prevent any juice from being wasted when you need to do so. The juicer is very easy to clean and is made out of plastic, unlike the manual juicer’s which most of the time are made with high quality metal. Despite this the fact that the juicer has a continuous flow is what makes this piece stand out from alot of other juicers on the market. Why is this important? Well basically you don’t have to stop juicing to merely empty a small amount of juice into a tiny little container which may then cause juice to be wasted or spilled.
Another important point to note is the portion of the juicer which gets messy is only two parts of the machine and they are both very very easy to clean in comparison to other automatic citrus juicers in the same price range.
Let’s look at an overview of some of the pros and the cons of the braun citromatic juicer to see if it makes a reasonably unit.
- An unlimited capacity while juicing which allows for direct juice dispersion into the container.
- Anti drip spout which allows for the juice flow to be interrupted when needed.
- A 60 watt motor which allows for maximum juice extraction.
- Protective dust cover which prevents any outside matter getting into the juice while juicing.
- Small in size and diameter which allows for easy moving and storage.
- More Details
- Unfortunately despite the motor being 60 watts and considered powerful it is not strong enough to juice large oranges and can actually stall in the process.
- The motor does not go into auto reverse which causes for a lot of pulp to be left behind after juicing.
- The spout of the juicer is about an eight of inch too small in order to put a pyrex one quart measuring cup under.
- Despite the machine having continuous flow we experience that the spout dribbles for a minute or so after juicing has stopped. This causes for pulp to sometimes clog up the spout during the juicing process.
To be honest with you the juicer is worth buying if you are on a budget and not a serious juicer. If you are looking to get a fresh cup of orange juice on the weekends for your family then this might be the affordable and simple solution for you to get. However if you are more serious about juicing we do not recommend this juicer. As you can see from our review above that there were some cons which could be a major issue for daily and serious juicers. In this case we would highly recommend the black and decker CJ525 juicer which without a doubt is much more efficient and powerful. However it does cost a few more bucks than this it might be worth the investment and for you to look into. Over all we would have to give this a juicer a 3/5.