We all know oranges are not only just tasty to eat and drink but they provide several health benefits that can prevent several health problems. In India they specifically use oranges due to the large amount of benefits the fruit has in being able to drive away disease as well as give outer health benefits. Oranges are from the group of citrus fruits called hesperedium which is the highest concentrate of citrus fruits.
Health benefits of Oranges
We are all about those oranges especially eating them fresh. Here are ten reasons why you should start drinking orange juice and adding them into your daily diet.
1. Stops Cancer: Cancer is one of the most prominent diseases in the united states according to the U.S health department. It is a very difficult sickness to go through for both the patient and the caregiver. However the compound called D-Limonene which is commonly found in oranges can effectively prevent different types of cancer from spreading or starting in your body. This along with Vitamin C will also make your body more immune to these kind of diseases.
2. Improves Vision: Drinking orange juice increases levels of vitamin A and flavanoid antioxidants which include, beta-cryptoxanthin, beta-carotenes, and lutein. These compounds have antioxidant properties as well as help in creating healthy mucus membranes for our eyes. This is important to prevent from cataracts or blurred vision.
3. Increases brain development: Oranges have in them tons of folic acid and folate which allows for effective brain development which keeps your brain in great condition. These nutrients make oranges a healthy fruit for young children as well as pregnant woman who want to make sure their baby gets the most and best nutrients.
4. Perfect for diabetics: Orange juice have high fibre and a high glycaeminc index which is great for diabetics. People who are affected by diabetes most commonly cannot absorb glucose due to beta cells which are floating around in their pancreas and this causes alot of problems.
5. Increases hair growth: As we age many of us face problems such as hair loss. This usually is due to a lack of nutrients. Vitamin C found in oranges is a key ingredient in producing collagen which allows for keeping tissues in your hair strong and firm which will prevent hair loss and bald patches.
6. Prevents stomach ulcers: A great benefit to drinking vitamin c and fresh squeezed orange juice is that it protects your stomach from ulcers. This is really important because ulcers in the stomach can later on cause larger problems such as cancer.
7. Great for your skin: As you get older your skin basically suffers from damage caused by free radicals. Just how metals rust so does your skin after exposure to air. However by drinking orange juice the vitamin C allows for this process to be slowed down and make you look as young as ever.
8. Higher Immunity: Oranges increase your immunity by giving you over hundred percent of your requirement of vitamin C. This boost in immunity keeps away diseases and infections.